Is Your Home Equity Working as Hard for You as It Could?
A mortgage is usually the largest debt of a person’s life and debt like this needs to be actively managed and reviewed as your life and goals change and evolve. Kim Dodge has been providing in-depth home financing reviews for clients for over 16 years. The most important aspect is to make sure that your home financing is aligned with your current needs and goals. A simple annual review or conversation can help you assess opportunities for improvement or just re-assure you that you have the best financing for your situation. For a no obligation mortgage review, contact Kim at (503) 595-1600 to start the conversation. In fact, it is just a conversation. Ask questions and get straightforward answers.
Reverse Mortgage: Is one right for you?
- A Reverse Mortgage can be an effective tool for enhancing your retirement years. You have worked hard all your life and now is the time to enjoy. Whether it is golf, sewing, traveling or spending more time with the grand kids, it is your time to live!
- A reverse mortgage allows seniors to access additional cash by utilizing the equity in their home. However, it is not a decision to be taken lightly. It’s important to work with an experienced originator who can help you assess your unique situation to determine if a reverse mortgage is right for you.
- In fact, a Reverse Mortgage is not for everyone!
- Our first purpose is to evaluate your options and discuss the benefits of each. If a Reverse Mortgage is not the better option, we will tell you that. While we help many people to enjoy their retirement years with travel, or upgrades to their home or more money to enjoy their hobbies, we are also able to help you and your family cover the cost of home health care, medical equipment, medicine, we can even help you if you are in foreclosure.
Reverse Mortgage: Myths Debunked
- You own your home, not the bank.
- A reverse mortgage can pay off a current mortgage. You do not have to own your home free and clear. There is little to no income or credit qualifying.
- Reverse mortgages are too expensive. The cost of a reverse mortgage is the same as any FHA insured loan. Yes there is mortgage insurance that is added into the loan, but it is the same as a traditional ‘forward’ mortgage with mortgage insurance.
- This is a NO RECOURSE loan. If you ended up owing more than the home is worth at the time you move out, neither you, nor your heirs, nor is your estate responsible for the difference. That is the purpose of the FHA mortgage insurance.
- The proceeds are TAX FREE. Yes, whether taken monthly, in a line of credit or as a lump sum or a combination of the above.
A Reverse Mortgage is not for everyone, but for the right fit it can be a life-changer! Find out if it’s right for you. Contact Kim Dodge at Kim@NextViewLoans.com or (503) 595-1600 for more information.
Call me just to have a conversation. Don’t be worried if you are having trouble covering your bills, or your mortgage payments, we may very well be able to help you to save your home and your quality of life.